Adsense

Friday 8 February 2013

The Most Important Meal Of The Day...

Ever since I was little I have always heard people around me saying that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. To be honest, I'm not one of those that has breakfast every single morning, I never have and I wonder if I'd feel any different if I grew up eating breakfast every single morning :/.

I don't often feel hungry first thing in the morning, I manage to have a cuppa most mornings but that's about it. If I do eat breakfast in the morning it usually takes me ages to eat (it's taken me about 20 minutes to eat a piece of toast before). Also, if I do eat breakfast I'm either at one end of the scale or the other...granola, muesli or fruit or a full English breakfast. I do eat breakfast cereal or bars as a snack though if I'm hungry throughout the day and strangely, sometimes I just fancy it, over anything else. I also want to know what the novelty is in eating breakfast when you're away on holiday, there's something different about it, the wanting to get up for breakfast before you start your day. Is anyone else like this? I know my mum is the same, but not everyone I know is.

The point of this post is that I wanted to feature one of my favourite breakfast brands...Jordans Cereals! They have cereals and cereal bars, but if you like muesli, granola and oat based cereals, they have a fab variety to choose from, including Super Granola, Crunchy Oat Granola, Muesli, Country Crisp, Porridge, Wheat Germ and Wheat Bran, Breakfast BarsLuxury Breakfast Bars, Frusli Breakfast Bars and Original Crunchy Breakfast Bars.

My favourites are the Super Fruity Granola (honey baked wholegrain British oats mixed with raspberries, redcurrants and pomegranate) and Country Crisp Real Strawberry (crunchy cereal clusters made from British wholegrain oats with chopped hazelnuts, crispy rice, coconut and silky smooth strawberries). I have tried several of their range, but these are my definite favourites! I always feel healthy and like I have eaten well after I've finished. The fruity varieties are definitely my faves rather than the nutty or chocolate varieties.

Pictures courtesy of Jordans.

I love how their cereals and cereal bars don't contain artificial colours, flavours, preservatives, salt or genetically modified organisms. Their products are also grown to high environmental standards and the company is strict on using as many natural ingredients as they can. You can read more about how Jordans came to be here.

I usually buy Jordans from Morrisons but most of the major supermarkets stock the cereal including Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda, Co-Op, Waitrose, Somerfield and Budgens.

I'd love to know your breakfast habits...do you reach for the healthy options or the not so healthy options?

Have you ever tried Jordans? Let me know what you think of their varieties and your fave, if you have one!

Thanks so much for reading!
Gem XxOo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...